Skip to main content

Digital Art.

For my digital art unit i have been looking at different elements of digital art that flow in and out of all my other units. Photography, Film, Digital collage, Photo manipulation, Digital Illustration.


Matt Herring is  London based Illustrator and graphic artist working in the fields of Advertising, Design and Publishing.


This piece of his work really stood out to me....




I love how it looks and i wanted to try and make something inspired by it so i started playing...













I really liked using the circles but i wanted to play around more with colour as he did in some of his other work...







 I realized how much my Photoshop abilities had grown this past year as i could make these very quickly and easily. I realized how much i love working digitally because it allows me the freedom to express what i am trying to say and let me add all the other elements i love, photography and drawing. 
I wanted to take this time to think about my theme for this unit, Environment. 
I started thinking about my collages i had made earlier this year to the theme environment At this point i had been making collages for my unit surface pattern so decided to have them running for both units. Urban, Rural, Environment.














I was worried about this digital art unit, because I felt I had not done any work for it, but obviously most of my units are a form of digital art and I have looked at artists that work digitally. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art & Design project HNC

Art & Design project HNC This year for project i wanted to work with moving image again but try and really push myself. i dont want to ignore the fact that i have done research before, i want this to seem like i am pushing forwards from what i have done before. Here are blog posts i have done in the past that i am going to use as a foundation to build upon. https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/01/for-my-new-unit-i-have-decided-to-look.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialist-techniques-film-part-1_15.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/specialist-techniques-looking-at-more.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/green-screen.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2018/06/art-project-evaluation.html Tony Oursler  is an American multimedia and installation artist. I looked at his work last year. I really liked his work, I love the first two and the use of 3D mapping for the p...

Starting experimenting with photography

After looking into the work of Henry Weston i decided to try and experiment,first, with negative space. It was something that stood out to me a lot in some of his work, as i spoke about in my report. i started by just taking a few pictures as i noticed it around me. I think these are a very interesting start and have a lot of potential, i decided to play around with the editing a bit by cropping them, changing the contrast and making them black and white.  i like this image and i think composition wise it works. i also think it looks good in black and white as it has gotten rid of the chance of clashing colours and sets a different kind of mood. The subject is in focus and it looks quite sharp. I cropped it a little and changed the contrast and exposure.  i prefer this image to the top one as i like the spacing between the feet compared to the first one i think it is more visually pleasing, i also rotated this image just as an experiment. ...

Experimenting with photography - identity

I started off this series of experiments by thinking about myself, how i see myself and how i choose to be seen, how do i identify myself? I started thinking this when i was doing my report on Art Wolfe, looking at his human canvas photographs i wanted to do something with body painting, and i am working on that. But i wanted to try out digital editing first, i enjoy this kind of art and wanted to experiment with it. I started by taking a picture of myself, nothing fancy just me in front of a white background. I have always thought about myself as someone who struggles with identity, in some ways i feel like i stand out but in other ways i feel like i can blend into a background or a crowd when i want too. i kept this thought going by blurring out my face in the photograph. I then decided to change the face and background white to match each other, i liked the way this image looked and felt like it expressed my feelings of no identity. but not strong enough about hiding...