Skip to main content

Final Images

For my Final images i had decided to focus on still life. I have all my images on a USB. But these are the Unedited and edited final images.

 As i said in my previous blog post, i became very interested in using the theme of still life. I like it because it gives an insight into how i, and other people, see objects.

Alison watt

I wanted to reference Alison Watt, as my images reminded me of her work I had looked at in my painting unit. I think its better to look at other inspirations outside photography and photographers when taking images. 

If you want to design a kettle, don't look at other kettles...



 I think her work is a good example of how people see things differently. I have always thought her work feels very feminine. I can see a resembelence to a vagina.  


I also came across a photographer called Vilde Rolfsen. He uses lights to photograph plastic bags, making them appear like abstracted landscapes.




I have always been interested in the beauty of things considered rubbish or unattractive. I can always see so much more in an object than i feel other people do, and i am sure they see more in an object than i do. Trying to capture that through photography is something that i find very difficult at times, but interesting.

I started looking at objects and trying to capture the beauty i saw in them. I eventually ended up taking images of bags as i was interested in how the camera can pick up the textures of the bag and i found it worked really well when placed them on a light box.





















I then took these images and for my final 10 i decided to lay them over each other to try and create something that the viewer might not initially see as a bag but see abstracted forms and colours that would appear attractive but is actually just a bag that would be thrown away. 























I am happy with my final images and i think they work with the theme of the unit.

I just enjoyed taking these images, i enjoy photography and i think i find it so easy to get bogged down and stressed out that i forget sometimes to find the joy in what i do and forget that making art is what makes me most happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art & Design project HNC

Art & Design project HNC This year for project i wanted to work with moving image again but try and really push myself. i dont want to ignore the fact that i have done research before, i want this to seem like i am pushing forwards from what i have done before. Here are blog posts i have done in the past that i am going to use as a foundation to build upon. https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/01/for-my-new-unit-i-have-decided-to-look.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialist-techniques-film-part-1_15.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/specialist-techniques-looking-at-more.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/green-screen.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2018/06/art-project-evaluation.html Tony Oursler  is an American multimedia and installation artist. I looked at his work last year. I really liked his work, I love the first two and the use of 3D mapping for the p...

Starting experimenting with photography

After looking into the work of Henry Weston i decided to try and experiment,first, with negative space. It was something that stood out to me a lot in some of his work, as i spoke about in my report. i started by just taking a few pictures as i noticed it around me. I think these are a very interesting start and have a lot of potential, i decided to play around with the editing a bit by cropping them, changing the contrast and making them black and white.  i like this image and i think composition wise it works. i also think it looks good in black and white as it has gotten rid of the chance of clashing colours and sets a different kind of mood. The subject is in focus and it looks quite sharp. I cropped it a little and changed the contrast and exposure.  i prefer this image to the top one as i like the spacing between the feet compared to the first one i think it is more visually pleasing, i also rotated this image just as an experiment. ...

Experimenting with photography - identity

I started off this series of experiments by thinking about myself, how i see myself and how i choose to be seen, how do i identify myself? I started thinking this when i was doing my report on Art Wolfe, looking at his human canvas photographs i wanted to do something with body painting, and i am working on that. But i wanted to try out digital editing first, i enjoy this kind of art and wanted to experiment with it. I started by taking a picture of myself, nothing fancy just me in front of a white background. I have always thought about myself as someone who struggles with identity, in some ways i feel like i stand out but in other ways i feel like i can blend into a background or a crowd when i want too. i kept this thought going by blurring out my face in the photograph. I then decided to change the face and background white to match each other, i liked the way this image looked and felt like it expressed my feelings of no identity. but not strong enough about hiding...