Skip to main content

Summer Project


I created a plan for over the summer and the 3 months i have out of college. I have a sudden love for surrealism. I really struggle with the connection between my art and my emotions and imagination.  I don't struggle with ideas, but i feel it lacks emotion and that is what makes my work quite hollow.

I decided to do an experiment on myself in both my body and my mind. Starting on Monday the 20th of June 2016 i will be undergoing a change in my lifestyle. First by starting a dream journal, I wanted to really look into my dreams and my subconscious mind.

In sketch book i will quickly write down words and memories from the dreams as soon as I wake up. I will also draw little sketches of what I remember as I thought this would be a more visual way of capturing the mood of the dream.

I am hoping this benefits me in a few ways, 1, being helping me upkeep and improve my drawing skills, 2, helping me keep my creative juices flowing, 3, helping me connect more with my work on a more personal level, 3, by tapping into my subconscious mind and see what it produces.

I am also going to be going through a training regime, of strength and cardio. I want to look into the connected between BODY AND MIND. i will also be experimenting with different foods and diets while on this journey. I am hoping this will change my dreams and my subconscious thought process, and therefor changing my conscious mind.

But first RESEARCH!! 

Comments

  1. Great idea! All too quickly that time will pass and you will be back at college.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art & Design project HNC

Art & Design project HNC This year for project i wanted to work with moving image again but try and really push myself. i dont want to ignore the fact that i have done research before, i want this to seem like i am pushing forwards from what i have done before. Here are blog posts i have done in the past that i am going to use as a foundation to build upon. https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/01/for-my-new-unit-i-have-decided-to-look.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialist-techniques-film-part-1_15.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/specialist-techniques-looking-at-more.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/green-screen.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2018/06/art-project-evaluation.html Tony Oursler  is an American multimedia and installation artist. I looked at his work last year. I really liked his work, I love the first two and the use of 3D mapping for the p...

Starting experimenting with photography

After looking into the work of Henry Weston i decided to try and experiment,first, with negative space. It was something that stood out to me a lot in some of his work, as i spoke about in my report. i started by just taking a few pictures as i noticed it around me. I think these are a very interesting start and have a lot of potential, i decided to play around with the editing a bit by cropping them, changing the contrast and making them black and white.  i like this image and i think composition wise it works. i also think it looks good in black and white as it has gotten rid of the chance of clashing colours and sets a different kind of mood. The subject is in focus and it looks quite sharp. I cropped it a little and changed the contrast and exposure.  i prefer this image to the top one as i like the spacing between the feet compared to the first one i think it is more visually pleasing, i also rotated this image just as an experiment. ...

Art & Design Portfolio - Sam Cornwell (Digital)

I decided to start my research on paper based and digital portfolios by first looking at a digital portfolio. One artist who came into the college to do a talk was a photographer called Sam Cornwell, he took us through his digital portfolio. I wanted to think about why his portfolio was digital and not paper based. One of the biggest advantages of a digital portfolio is the accessibility of it. It is easy to send out to employers or people wishing to view it. It is digital so it can easily be send to someone via email or put on a USB and accessed that way. Another reason is unlike a paper based portfolio there is more than one, it is easy to dispatch without spending money on paper to print. It is also instant, you might have to wait a few days for a paper port folio to be sent by mail or spend money on travel to bring it to the person wishing to view it. With a digital portfolio one click and it is sent! I went onto Sam Cornwell's page and found out his portfolio is on his web...