Skip to main content

Playing around with Macrophotography.

I had a little problem with my camera, i can not import them onto my laptop or college laptops because i don't have a cable to connect to my laptop at home, for some reason the SD card was wiped clean when i put it into the college computers and i felt worried i might loose work by doing this. I ended up using my Iphone a lot and i fell in love with the camera, i remember a talk we had from a photographer called Sam Cornwell who told us you don't need a expensive camera to take a good photo ( he himself used a disposable camera for a lot of his work). I cam across some lenses for the iphone while looking online and decided to buy some. One was a "Macro lens" that i could use as like a sharp magnifying glass. I decided to play around with it, taking pictures of objects around me. I think this is a really interesting way to look at things, a different perspective on things it is quite interesting to look at and see everything the eye misses.

My hair
                      A Cola Glass

Sugar




Bubbles (bath and washing up liquid)


A 'Irn Bru' Lid
A handbag
          
                  The table at college



A Sock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art & Design project HNC

Art & Design project HNC This year for project i wanted to work with moving image again but try and really push myself. i dont want to ignore the fact that i have done research before, i want this to seem like i am pushing forwards from what i have done before. Here are blog posts i have done in the past that i am going to use as a foundation to build upon. https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/01/for-my-new-unit-i-have-decided-to-look.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialist-techniques-film-part-1_15.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/specialist-techniques-looking-at-more.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/green-screen.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2018/06/art-project-evaluation.html Tony Oursler  is an American multimedia and installation artist. I looked at his work last year. I really liked his work, I love the first two and the use of 3D mapping for the p...

Starting experimenting with photography

After looking into the work of Henry Weston i decided to try and experiment,first, with negative space. It was something that stood out to me a lot in some of his work, as i spoke about in my report. i started by just taking a few pictures as i noticed it around me. I think these are a very interesting start and have a lot of potential, i decided to play around with the editing a bit by cropping them, changing the contrast and making them black and white.  i like this image and i think composition wise it works. i also think it looks good in black and white as it has gotten rid of the chance of clashing colours and sets a different kind of mood. The subject is in focus and it looks quite sharp. I cropped it a little and changed the contrast and exposure.  i prefer this image to the top one as i like the spacing between the feet compared to the first one i think it is more visually pleasing, i also rotated this image just as an experiment. ...

Experimenting with photography - identity

I started off this series of experiments by thinking about myself, how i see myself and how i choose to be seen, how do i identify myself? I started thinking this when i was doing my report on Art Wolfe, looking at his human canvas photographs i wanted to do something with body painting, and i am working on that. But i wanted to try out digital editing first, i enjoy this kind of art and wanted to experiment with it. I started by taking a picture of myself, nothing fancy just me in front of a white background. I have always thought about myself as someone who struggles with identity, in some ways i feel like i stand out but in other ways i feel like i can blend into a background or a crowd when i want too. i kept this thought going by blurring out my face in the photograph. I then decided to change the face and background white to match each other, i liked the way this image looked and felt like it expressed my feelings of no identity. but not strong enough about hiding...