Skip to main content

Photoshop In class.

We started by taking two images both the same size and putting them on photoshop. I decided to use two images i had taken in the studio of my friend Alex. 



we then learnt how to overlay them on top of one and other. I liked doing this even though i knew how to do it, some stuff i did not know about, i usually dragged the images on top of each other but this way was much better for previewing it and also for blending. 


I decided to blend mine as one image inverted, i thought it made it look quite interesting. 


We then looked at some editing, curves, filters and contrast, black and white ect. 






We also learnt how to make something CMYK instead of RGB. Which i didn't know how to do so that was really interesting. 

We learnt how to use different tools like lasso, liquidize, Clone and how layers work.







For me this was the most fun i have had in a while, i have been feeling a bit lost with my work lately and loosing interest and confidence in myself and doing this reminded me how much i love working digitally. How much i love photography and editing. I don't know why but i love editing images, i could do it for hours and hours. I used to edit all my friends photos (selfies)  for them when i was younger and i loved it. I loved learning more about Photoshop because i just find it so interesting to know how to do different things. 

We got to then create whatever we wanted using some of the stuff we learnt. I used this image i took last week and decided to use filters and liquidize. 



Comments

  1. Good to see you got something out of it and hopefully it has refuelled your creativity - looking forward to seeing the new work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art & Design project HNC

Art & Design project HNC This year for project i wanted to work with moving image again but try and really push myself. i dont want to ignore the fact that i have done research before, i want this to seem like i am pushing forwards from what i have done before. Here are blog posts i have done in the past that i am going to use as a foundation to build upon. https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/01/for-my-new-unit-i-have-decided-to-look.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialist-techniques-film-part-1_15.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/specialist-techniques-looking-at-more.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/green-screen.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2018/06/art-project-evaluation.html Tony Oursler  is an American multimedia and installation artist. I looked at his work last year. I really liked his work, I love the first two and the use of 3D mapping for the p...

Starting experimenting with photography

After looking into the work of Henry Weston i decided to try and experiment,first, with negative space. It was something that stood out to me a lot in some of his work, as i spoke about in my report. i started by just taking a few pictures as i noticed it around me. I think these are a very interesting start and have a lot of potential, i decided to play around with the editing a bit by cropping them, changing the contrast and making them black and white.  i like this image and i think composition wise it works. i also think it looks good in black and white as it has gotten rid of the chance of clashing colours and sets a different kind of mood. The subject is in focus and it looks quite sharp. I cropped it a little and changed the contrast and exposure.  i prefer this image to the top one as i like the spacing between the feet compared to the first one i think it is more visually pleasing, i also rotated this image just as an experiment. ...

Experimenting with photography - identity

I started off this series of experiments by thinking about myself, how i see myself and how i choose to be seen, how do i identify myself? I started thinking this when i was doing my report on Art Wolfe, looking at his human canvas photographs i wanted to do something with body painting, and i am working on that. But i wanted to try out digital editing first, i enjoy this kind of art and wanted to experiment with it. I started by taking a picture of myself, nothing fancy just me in front of a white background. I have always thought about myself as someone who struggles with identity, in some ways i feel like i stand out but in other ways i feel like i can blend into a background or a crowd when i want too. i kept this thought going by blurring out my face in the photograph. I then decided to change the face and background white to match each other, i liked the way this image looked and felt like it expressed my feelings of no identity. but not strong enough about hiding...