Skip to main content

playing

i decided i play around with editing today, i started with taking photos of a back ground and then myself and layering them on top of each other, and erasing parts of the top layer...







i really enjoyed making these and while looking for more inspiration i found a photographer called Christopher McKenney, i found an article where he explained some of his work


“I’ve always been fascinated by horror and death,” he said “I remember watching The Exorcist as a kid and being hooked. I think everyone has dark thoughts; this is just how I project mine.
“Most of the images I’ve made I’ve seen in my head thousands of times. I find so much beauty in things that are ‘creepy’ and ‘weird’.
“I like taking away identity when photographing and to leave people thinking. I only make the photos I do to express myself and what other people see or think is up to them, as long as I make them feel anything I’m OK with that.”
I really found a connection with what he said, i always love the creepy and weird of the world and how i perceive it, is, that there is a lot of beauty in it. I found his work really stunning, creepy and surreal. 







web sight: http://www.christophermckenney.com/work#3
I decided i try this out myself... I wanted to focus more on the idea of it and taking away the subjects identity. I started by taking a photo of my bed sheets then i took a photo of me with my top over my face, i then added that on top of the first image and erased the face...
I really like the end result!
I would like to continue this over the holidays with some outside photography and see where it takes me! i am very excited to use some longer flowing sheets and make it a lot darker and creepy but try and capture the beauty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art & Design project HNC

Art & Design project HNC This year for project i wanted to work with moving image again but try and really push myself. i dont want to ignore the fact that i have done research before, i want this to seem like i am pushing forwards from what i have done before. Here are blog posts i have done in the past that i am going to use as a foundation to build upon. https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/01/for-my-new-unit-i-have-decided-to-look.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialist-techniques-film-part-1_15.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/specialist-techniques-looking-at-more.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2017/05/green-screen.html https://catrinaannbarquist.blogspot.com/2018/06/art-project-evaluation.html Tony Oursler  is an American multimedia and installation artist. I looked at his work last year. I really liked his work, I love the first two and the use of 3D mapping for the p...

Starting experimenting with photography

After looking into the work of Henry Weston i decided to try and experiment,first, with negative space. It was something that stood out to me a lot in some of his work, as i spoke about in my report. i started by just taking a few pictures as i noticed it around me. I think these are a very interesting start and have a lot of potential, i decided to play around with the editing a bit by cropping them, changing the contrast and making them black and white.  i like this image and i think composition wise it works. i also think it looks good in black and white as it has gotten rid of the chance of clashing colours and sets a different kind of mood. The subject is in focus and it looks quite sharp. I cropped it a little and changed the contrast and exposure.  i prefer this image to the top one as i like the spacing between the feet compared to the first one i think it is more visually pleasing, i also rotated this image just as an experiment. ...

Art & Design Portfolio - Sam Cornwell (Digital)

I decided to start my research on paper based and digital portfolios by first looking at a digital portfolio. One artist who came into the college to do a talk was a photographer called Sam Cornwell, he took us through his digital portfolio. I wanted to think about why his portfolio was digital and not paper based. One of the biggest advantages of a digital portfolio is the accessibility of it. It is easy to send out to employers or people wishing to view it. It is digital so it can easily be send to someone via email or put on a USB and accessed that way. Another reason is unlike a paper based portfolio there is more than one, it is easy to dispatch without spending money on paper to print. It is also instant, you might have to wait a few days for a paper port folio to be sent by mail or spend money on travel to bring it to the person wishing to view it. With a digital portfolio one click and it is sent! I went onto Sam Cornwell's page and found out his portfolio is on his web...